named-xfer exited 1

Holger Honert holger.honert at signal.de
Tue Apr 2 13:14:09 UTC 2002

Hello out there,

I have two AIX machines running BIND  8.2.4 and BIND 8.1.1 which are
secondary
NS for  the same zone "slave.zone", provided by a third NS which is
primary for the zone.

Somehow my Server 8.2.4 suddenly in my Log appears the message
Slave zone "slave.zone" expired with no previously messages, indicating
that there is something wrong.

The only messages I received, concerning this particular zone, was
named-xfer for "slave.zone" exited 1.

The server could communicate with each others and the 8.2.4 Server
hasn't had any network problems,
Because I had X-Sessions from my PC opened, which is located in an
different IP-Subnet.

The 8.1.1 Server never had such problems and worked fine until now
(praise god .).

Any comments ??

Regards

Holger