Deploying W2K Server - which Bind version to use?

Antonio Paraiso aparaiso at ita.es
Wed Apr 3 06:37:44 UTC 2002

In order to use BIND in a W2000 environment, you need at least BIND 8.2.2 or
up.

This version and up are RFC 2136 compliant (dynamic updates) and RFC 2052
compliant (SRV records).

Besides, I recommend you to read the FAQ about BIND (ISC). There is an
interesting question about W2000 and BIND, explaining how to configure a
special subzone (_msdcs) to hold the Active Directory Data.

Regards,
Antonio Paraiso
Instituto Tecnológico de Aragón
Spain