blackhole and allow-transfer

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Apr 3 21:54:22 UTC 2002

I don't know the answer offhand, but it should be an easy thing to test. =
My
speculation would be that blackhole would prevail, since the blackhole lo=
gic
resides at a lower level than the ACL-checking logic. But that's only a
speculation.

Note that even if allow-transfer "overrides" blackhole, you'll still have=
problem with serial-number queries from the slaves to the master, since t=
hose
are seen as just "ordinary" queries and thus would be blackholed. So you'=
better hope that all of your NOTIFYs are received in a timely fashion, an=
you'd better make sure that all of your stealth slaves are mentioned in a=
also-notify clause.

Why not just make exceptions in your blackhole option for the slave
IP addresses???

- Kevin