Round robin on CNAME

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Sun Apr 7 18:58:09 UTC 2002

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 11:39:40AM -0700, Nate Campi wrote:

> Jim, obviously we should contract your company to run our DNS. Oh, no
> wait, your company allows random shmucks to call up and register their
> nameservers as popular domain names used by my company. Nope, we'll run
> it I think. You guys have cost us enough money.

OK, it's not fair for me to associate you with the actions of others in
your company. I take that back.

Jim, you don't lack in intelligence. The problem is that Barry pointed
out the problems with glue last week. You're rehashing that.

We both know the pros and cons of CNAMEs vs NS records for using Akamai
DNS. From this point on it's up to my company which way to go. I'd be
happy to take this off list if you like. Since we've covered all the
technical points, I doubt that the list can benefit from any further
posts on this topic.
--
"Confucius say: He who play in root, eventually kill tree."