Migrating from Bind to W2K DNS

Ed Sanborn esanborn at snowshore.com
Tue Apr 9 15:33:56 UTC 2002

Thanks Sam.  Well, on a Bind slave I see that the file format is
different so I was just concerned that the doing a zone transfer
would transfer the data but not in the correct form for the W2K
DNS server to then be able to function as a master.  Now another
point is that database files with Bind are flat ascii files and
with W2K they are databases so that adds a another wrinkle - =

whether good or bad I don't know.  Mind you I do not want to =

simply have the W2K DNS server be a slave to the Bind server long-term.
I want to make the W2K DNS server the master and eliminate Bind =

DNS servers from my network.

-Ed