Please Help? MX and domain name issue

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Apr 9 21:39:43 UTC 2002

Why is the webserver listening on the SMTP port at all? I've heard that
most/all of those "stupid mailers" will eventually do an MX query if they
can't connect to the server in the A query...

That's the only thing I can think of to alleviate the problem other than,
of course, just telling folks to fix/replace their broken mailers if they
want to send you mail.

- Kevin