Database error - Help.

Saad Kadhi bsdguy at docisland.org
Wed Apr 10 12:46:43 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 14:03, Pellegrini Giuliano wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I contact the list because I have a problem with bind.
>
>  I use Caldera eServer2.3 with bind 8.2.3
>
> This is my zone.
>
> ;Authoritive Zone
> ;
> $TTL 345600
> @ IN SOA domain.com. postmaster.domain.com. (
In an SOA RR, you should specify the domain name of the master server
instead of your domain name. so change domain.com. to ns1.domain.com.

>   2002040900 ; Serial YYYYMMDDnn
>   86600 ; Refresh
>   7200 ; Retry
>   12312002 ; Expire
this is quite high imho

>   345600 ) ; Minimum
this is not a minimum.this is a n-ttl
> ;
> ; Name Server NS Record
> ;
> NS ns1.domain.com.
huh ? where is the class keyword for your RR ? it should go before the
Record Type (NS in this case) like this:
IN NS ns1.domain.com.
> ;
> ; Mail exchanger MX Record
> ;
> MX 0 mail.domain.com.
same here

> ;
> ; Address Server A Record
> ;
> localhost A 127.0.0.1
> web1 A 10.10.10.10
> ns1 A 10.10.10.18
> mail A 10.10.10.20
same here :
mail IN A 10.10.10.20

> ; Aliases
> ;
> www CNAME web1.domain.com.
same here

> Can you help me, please ?
I think that you really need a course on BIND since you are missing the
basics. Try to get DNS & BIND from O'Reilly or go to www.linuxdoc.org
for a crash course howto document.

--
Saad -- [pgp keyid: 35592A6D http://pgp.mit.edu]