All nameservers unresponsive when master is down

Sam Pointer sam.pointer at hpdsoftware.com
Wed Apr 10 16:22:15 UTC 2002

All, thanks for your continuing help. I've managed to fix the problem for
now, and intend on following up advice to simplify what I list to the world.

I have amended my TTL values to 20, which I believe is more appropriate.

The problem was actually a routing/connectivity issue (simple things
first...) and not a BIND configuration error. However, I have gone through
and checked everything else for safety's sake:

* the zone transfers are working correctly
* I understand about the /32 and single points of failure. We have been
subject to local failures from our primary service provider which prompted
this whole thing and is the most immediate concern

I know I've said it a few times, but thank you all for your very helpful
input.