DNS tutor needed

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Apr 12 22:59:36 UTC 2002

In article <a97mhb$l3v at pub3.rc.vix.com>, scratch <wmedia at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>Ok.....stupid question no 10....where is my log file?

I don't know Linux, but on most flavors of Unix it's either
/var/adm/messages or /var/log/syslog, or something like that.

>PS......does this help?
>
>#/usr/sbin/named-checkzone teawamutu.net
>dns_zone_load: zone teawamutu.net/IN: loading master file teawamutu.net:
>file not found

IIRC, the name of your zone file is teawamutu.net.db.  You forgot the ".db"
suffix in the above command (named-checkzone takes a filename, not a domain
name).

P.S. Please don't top-post, and edit the quotes down to just the necessary
parts.  Are the four lines of my signature really relevant to your replies?

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA