sendmail and bind(Mail Defferred DSN:4.4.3)

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Sat Apr 13 03:14:56 UTC 2002

I'm surprised anything works for that domain at all. Only one of the 5
delegated nameservers for geoinfor.com.tw appears to be answering queries=
, and
the TTL on its response is 0 seconds. My guess is that sendmail's resolve=
r is
timing out most of the time trying to get an answer. In modern versions o=
sendmail, you can tweak the resolver's timing parameters, but a better
long-term solution is probably to get the owners of the geoinfor.com.tw d=
omain
to fix it.

- Kevin