Total NEWBIE

Lynx brett at tekim.com.au
Tue Apr 16 04:58:36 UTC 2002

Hi everyone,

As a complete newbie to DNS I need some help with the following issues:

I have a fairly static IP address (18 mths so far) and I want to setup my
apache server to host my development websites and make them easily
accesible.

I often delegate my domains to a name server provided by the web host I use
EG: "ns.the-web-host.com".
I have a spare domain "goldcoastjingles.com" how do I setup
"ns.goldcoastjingles.com", and is it possible for "goldcoastjingles.com" to
point to a name server called "ns.goldcoastjingles.com"?????

Once I have "ns.goldcoastjingles.com" setup as a name server how do I setup
the name server to point to different virtual host on my apache server?

I really have no idea of where to start, any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Brett