NXDOMAIN

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Apr 17 01:43:57 UTC 2002

> I´m spanish so I´m sorry because it´s sure I´ll have a lot of mistakes.
>
> I have a problem with my server, I have configured a zone master on my
> computer and a zone slave my friend´s computer. Transfer between two zones
> is ok. I can´t resolve ip of sinfor.net yet. Could someone tell me what´s
> wrong?? Thanks for your support.

	You don't have any nameservers registered for the zone according to
	the registry.  As I can't reach the registrar's whois server I
	can't find out precisely where the problem lies.

	You either need to supply your registrar with the nameservers or
	kick their butt for not propogating them to the registry's database.
	In either case talking to the registrar should allow you to get
	things fixed.

	Mark

% whois sinfor.net

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

   Domain Name: SINFOR.NET
   Registrar: PARAVA NETWORKS INC DBA REGISTRATEYA.COM NAAME.COM
   Whois Server: whois.parava.net
   Referral URL: http://www.parava.net
   Name Server: No nameserver
   Updated Date: 12-apr-2002

>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:52:04 EDT <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

whois: connect(): Connection refused
%

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org