DNS Utils

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Wed Apr 17 16:55:28 UTC 2002

Pierre Minguy <pminguy at capitale.qc.ca> wrote:
> I'm looking for something who can help me managing dns, we have a lot of
> subnet and i need the revers mapping to be done but i don't want to create
> it by hand.

> If someone can help me with a utilities who can read the files and create
> the reverse it will be appreciated.

Chances are that you alreadu have the needed tools on your un*x box,
and that you only lack the knowledge to use them.

See what perl / awk / sh scripting can do for you. It might be a tough
journey,but it will generate skills that you can apply on many
other problems.

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)