MX question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Apr 17 20:17:48 UTC 2002

Barry Margolin wrote:

> In article <a9ic4l$cl7 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
> Kevin Darcy  <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com> wrote:
> >I've never interpreted the Interoperability Principle as extending to the
> >point of
> >"I am compelled to munge my configuration in various perverse ways to accommodate
> >your brokenness".
>
> Folks who want to ensure that they can get mail from as many customers as
> possible, including the ones with broken mailers, have to.

Understood, but as they say, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the
problem. The laxness of the various ISPs, and the bad example they set, just make it
that much harder for "private" entities like us to exchange email reliably with our
partners. If I hear one more idiot admin ask "It works with AOL, how come it doesn't
work with you?", I think I'm going to puke.