Problem starting named with ndc

jon.ingason at equant.com jon.ingason at equant.com
Thu Apr 18 13:21:12 UTC 2002

>In article <a9mde1$lpf at pub3.rc.vix.com>,  <jon.ingason at equant.com> wro=
te:
>>Hi, I have installed BIND 2.3.1 on Sun Ultra 1 with Solaris 8 and

>What version?  I assume you mean 8.3.1.

Sorry, ofcause I meen 8.3.1

>>have a problem starting named with ndc. What it says:
>>
>># ndc stop
>>ndc: error: ctl_client: evConnect(fd 3): No such file or directory
>>ndc: error: cannot connect to command channel (/usr/local/etc/ndc.d/n=
dc=3D
>>)
>>#
>>
>>The directory /usr/local/etc/ndc.d exist but the socket does not.
>>What I tested was to kill named and try to started with ndc:

>What's the location of the unix channel in the "controls" section of
>named.conf?  Maybe named is putting the socket in a different director=
>than ndc is looking for.

There are no "controls" section in my named.conf.
Well I think I know where to look.
Regards

Jon Ingason          | Administration of UNIX
Sr Field Ops Eng     | DNS, Mail, News, Web, etc
IP/Router Operation
Global One Services AB trading as Equant
Solna strandv=E4g 80   | Work:     +46 8 5191 3316
PO BOX 1             | Fax:      +46 8 5191 3200
171 18 SOLNA         | Cellular: +46 708 91 3316
SWEDEN               | E-mail:   Jon.Ingason at equant.com

>--
>Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
>Genuity, Woburn, MA
>*** DON'T SEND TECHNICAL QUESTIONS DIRECTLY TO ME, post them to newsgr=
oups.
>Please DON'T copy followups to me -- I'll assume it wasn't posted to t=
he group.

=