transfers-in variable in named.conf

Steve Foster fosters at uk.psi.com
Fri Apr 19 07:57:55 UTC 2002

All,

As mentioned before, even though i have upped my transfers-in setting in
named.conf to 50, it still takes the default of 20 , i have found the
following in the source code:

from src/bin/named/ns_defs.h

#define MAX_XFERS_RUNNING 20    /* max value of transfers_in */
#define DEFAULT_XFERS_RUNNING 10  /* default value of transfers_in */

Does this mean that potentially we can only tune between the default and
the built in max of 20 transfers???

IS there not a named.conf value that can override the MAX setting, or will
i have to rebuild my bind to put in a higher amount that i can tune up to
in stages.

many thanks in advance

Steve
Steve Foster