Setting up own DNS

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Thu Apr 25 01:03:16 UTC 2002

%
% On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 02:25:01AM +0530, John Doe wrote:
% >
% > start up BIND & make a few changes in the resolver file. (Actually,
% > I'm still confused about whether BIND comes with default config files
% > or not, because in one of the earlier posts Pete mentions that the
% > files have to be created from scratch but the BIND that came along
% > with the customized distribution of RH 7.1 that I use does have them.
% >
% bind does not come with any useable configuration files. If your
% operating system's bind package does, then your vendor created them for
% you.
%
% -Pete

RH does ship with a couple of usable config files.

	root.cache
	localhost.zone.
	0.0.127.in-addr.arpa.

with goofy redhat names... :)