Completed setup of my own DNS

Richard rich at dizzie.co.uk
Thu Apr 25 10:21:20 UTC 2002

As a learning experiment I'm setting up my own web server.  The idea is to
setup a "Virtual Server" environment so that I can host multiple domains on
one system.  This involves me creating my own DNS, which I think I've
managed without too much hastle.

Here's the problem, I have two permanent IP addresses assigned by my ISP
(For arguements sake we'll say 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2), a domain name, two
DNS servers ready to go (ns.domain.com and ns1.domain.com), but when I
assign those server names to domains that I've registered, how are they
going to know to resolve to my IP addresses?

Do I have to register the nameservers somewhere first, if so how and where?

Regards and thanks in advance

Richard