Setting up own DNS

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Thu Apr 25 17:22:39 UTC 2002

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 09:45:41AM -0700, Pete Ehlke wrote:
> Interesting. So one can't generate in-addr.arpa zone files with
> bindconf?

I'm sorry, I did imply that.  No, when you start a zone, it queries
whether you want a master zone, a slave zone, or a reverse zone
[phrased somewhat better than that].  I was thinking of the master zone
setup only.  In the reverse zone, it asks you for the first three
octets of the network number you're using, then automatically takes
them as your domain.  This is the simplest version of this task, and
will suffice for a large percentage of users.  Except those that need
RFC2317 delegation.

Agreed about GUIs being useful but understanding being more useful.  I
would like to think that I passed on some of the latter, even though we
were rushed.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B