Caching server config

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Apr 29 15:17:52 UTC 2002

In article <aajm3n$gkg at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Bo Hermannsen <bo.hermannsen at post.tele.dk> wrote:
>I'm new to this and have not been able to find any sites that can tell my
>how to write the config files for named.
>
>i'm trying to set up a nameserver for the domain: dataaccess.dk
>
>can i somehow do this on only one machine?

It's not clear what you're asking for.  Your Subject line says "caching
server", but in your message body you mention a domain.  So are you asking
how to set up a caching-only server, or an authoritative server for the
dataaccess.dk domain?

The "DNS & BIND" book explains how to set up an authoritative server.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA