Critical problem with cache need help

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Mon Aug 5 23:09:43 UTC 2002

    Eric> I use bind 9.2.1 on Solaris version 8.  Usually with some
    Eric> domains, I obtain a SERVFAIL when I make queries. To resolve
    Eric> it, I have to flush the cache (rndc flush). After flushing
    Eric> the cache, the server answers correctly.

    Eric> What should be the problem and how can I solve it?

None of the information you provided was helpful. Tell us what was in
the queries that returned SERVFAIL and the address of your name
server. It may be caching bad data. Or else the names you're looking
up are served by broken name servers. Without this information it's
simply not possible to diagnose what might be wrong.

Oh, and please don't Cc bind-users and bind9-users. The two lists have
been merged into one IIRC.