BIND Versions for SRV Records and Dynamic Update

Will Yardley &- at no.spam.veggiechinese.net
Tue Aug 13 22:19:19 UTC 2002

In article <ajak5d$550k$1 at isrv4.isc.org>, Nitin Khurana wrote:

> Could you please tell me how can I find the BIND version  on a Solaris
> machine.

assuming BIND is a late enough version, you can do /usr/sbin/in.named -v
(or wherever it is)

for example:
bacall% /usr/sbin/in.named -v
in.named BIND 8.2.2-P5 Wed May  9 21:08:34 PDT 2001
        Generic 109326-04-5.8-February 2000

(I'd recommend installing BIND 9 or a newer BIND 8 though).

Most likely the reason you're seeing an earlier version in the include
files is because the resolver routines (IIRC) are from BIND 4. This is
the case with a lot of operating systems.

--
No copies, please.
To reply privately, simply reply; don't remove anything.