newby

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sun Aug 25 22:28:45 UTC 2002

At 04:26 PM 8/25/02, Jason wrote:
>Hey all
>
>I was wondering if someone could give me some simple directions on how to
>setup bindNT for 2 domains instead of just the one i have setup now.  If
>this info is noted on a webpage somewhere, i don't want to waste anyone's
>time explaining it.
>

>Thanks! A lot !  I jst can't afford to screw up my existing conifg.
>
>Jason

Just add another zone to the named.conf file and set up the zone info in
a file which the new zone will point to when you specified it in named.conf.
To BIND, it's just another domain and just one more file to load. Don't
forget to register the domain and the nameservers that you are going to be
using with a registrar, otherwise noone will be able to find it. Also make
sure you run named-checkconf on your named.conf file and
named-checkzone on your new zone file to make sure that they are
correctly set up. The documentation for these are the html files in the
BIND 9.2.2rc1 NT binary kit. All this is standard and is not specific to NT.

If you are worried about screwing up your existing config, make sure you
back up your existing files before you start to make changes.

Danny