DNS server getting Timeouts (Very Strange)

Michael E. Hanson MEHanson at GryphonsGate.com
Mon Aug 26 21:26:13 UTC 2002

Actually, I don't see an "extra" host record, but I do see an poorly defined
one.

The host record for odigo.com is telling the world that odigo.com is a
single machine/host, not a second level domain name.  This could be
confusing some of the nameservers (it certainly confused me for an instant
<G>).  I'd strongly recommend that you establish a machine name for your
name server host and update your host record to reflect that machine name
(such as NS1.ODIGO.COM)

=======================

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

   Server Name: ODIGO.COM
   IP Address: 216.33.42.70
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
   Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com

   Domain Name: ODIGO.COM
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
   Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
   Name Server: SCA02.SEC.DNS.EXODUS.NET
   Name Server: ODIGO.COM
   Updated Date: 05-nov-2001

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 04:50:43 EDT <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

**complete**
Michael E. Hanson
President, Gryphon Consulting  Services