SERVFAIL ??

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Tue Aug 27 04:23:02 UTC 2002

$ dig stc.com

; <<>> DiG 9.3.0s20020722 <<>> stc.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 3, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;stc.com.                       IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
stc.com.                1200    IN      A       65.169.135.131

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
stc.com.                86400   IN      NS      NS2-AUTH.SPRINTLINK.NET.
stc.com.                86400   IN      NS      DNS1.SEEBEYOND.com.
stc.com.                86400   IN      NS      NS1-AUTH.SPRINTLINK.NET.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
DNS1.SEEBEYOND.com.     172697  IN      A       65.169.135.5

%
% Dear Team,
%
% I am getting the following error, when querying
%
% * server can't find stc.com.: SERVFAIL
%
% I able to give answers previously. After adding a subdomain in that stc.com
% , I am not able to get stc.com.Even I have removed subdomain now. still not
% able to get answers for stc.com. I feel there is some thing in cache , which
% is returned all these time even after revoking sub domain.
%
% can any one of you help me.
%
% Thank you very much.
%
%
% Thanks,
% Warm Regards,
%
% Veeraraju_Mareddi
% Networks & Systems
% TSR Towers,4th Floor
% Tel:3306767 ext:7455
% ----------------------------
% **************************************************************************
% This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the
% intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND
% PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
% distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is
% STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
% the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
% is appreciated.
%

--
--bill