Competitor using my DNS servers

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Aug 28 16:21:40 UTC 2002

At 12:10 PM 8/22/02, Sam Pointer wrote:
>Doubtless I'll get flamed for this, but think of all the fun you could have
>with a bogus root hints file and returning porn site IP addresses for
>www.microsoft.com and others...... :)

A better thing to do is to have all requests return the same IP address
which is a Web server you set up specifically to display a Web page
explaining what is going on and why. At least you get the opportunity
to present your own case at your competitor's expense in a positive
manner. Porn site IP addresses will drive away business if they know
you are responsible for it.

Danny