forwarding 'almost all' queries to forwarder

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Tue Aug 6 08:27:52 UTC 2002

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 12:22:01AM -0700, Cricket Liu wrote:

> > We also have a separate internal .foo.net set of domains
> > that are visible internally only and that can be
> > resolved by a separate internal-only nameserver.
> >
> From the sound of it, you could use conditional forwarding to
> do this.  For example:

If there are several subdomains of foo.net (bar.foo.net and baz.foo.net)
a stub zone for foo.net will save you having to forward each sub-zone
individually. I use this for private in-addr.arpa zones and a test TLD
we run internally, and it keeps config files smaller and cleaner.
--
"My way of joking is to tell the truth. That's the funniest joke in the
world." - Muhammad Ali