firewall blocking 53

Eric L. Howard elh at outreachnetworks.com
Wed Aug 7 19:21:12 UTC 2002

At a certain time, now past, Armin Safarians spake thusly:

> Unless I'm reading this wrong, I think the conversation has moved off of
> the actual timeout in question.
> The timeout my problem is with is not the one for Reponses coming back
> for a query.
> My issue is when the query goes out on a high port, the firewall see the
> port and establishes a connection.
> All the queries sent after that one is on the same high port, if there
> are no queries sent for 40 seconds, the firewall will blocks the
> for a query to get back to me.
>
> AMS :-)

If I took this off-topic...I'm sorry for the extra traffic...but your first
post said that when your firewall sees a delay of more than 40 seconds, it
blocks all *replies* back to that high port.  Sounded like timeouts on the
reply traffic to me...if you posted follow-up w/ more details I missed it in
the cross fire.

       ~elh

--
Eric L. Howard           e l h @ o u t r e a c h n e t w o r k s . c o m