listen to multiple ip's on same nic?

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Sun Aug 11 00:38:11 UTC 2002

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Marc Kandel wrote:

> hi,
>
> i've added a second ip to the interface of my dns server but bind =
> doesn't listen on it after i reload the config.  is this due to sharing =
> the physical interface?
>
> all i did was add the new ip to the listen-on line in the config:
>
> listen-on { 206.151.172.11; 66.94.32.16; };
>
> also tried with the loopback 127.0.0.1 in there but that didn't help.
>
> this is bind9.2.0 on freebsd 4.3-STABLE

You should use the freebsd port to install 9.2.1. Version 9.2.0 has some
icky bugs. Also, your problem is almost certainly due to running named as
an unpriviliged user. You'll have to do 'rndc stop' and then start named
again from scratch.

Doug

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?