Windows service

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Mon Aug 12 01:58:17 UTC 2002

At 05:52 AM 8/8/02, Neil wrote:

>I am running bind 9.2.1 as a Windows service (on XP), and I can't work
>out how to pass it parameters (-c /etc/named.conf)
>If I manually start the service and enter the parameters it works
>fine, but if I try and make a permanent change by adding the
>parameters to ImagePath in the registry they appear in the service
>applet but are ignored by bind.

You can't do it that way. In order to add parameters to a service you need
to go to the Services MMC and right-click on "ISC BIND" and select
Properties from the Popup menu. In the General tab, you need to stop
the service and then add any parameters you want such as
-c c:/etc/named.conf.  DO NOT USE RELATIVE PATH NAMES unless
you are running the service under a specific account with a default
directory set up for the account. By default there is no default directory or
drive for a system service.

If you just want to change the location of the install, you can run the
installer
again and specify where you want it.

Danny