installing latest bind patches

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Sun Dec 1 14:00:03 UTC 2002

> I can find the patches here:
> http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/patches/bind833.diff
>
> and I dont understand this file. Please give me a
> guide to do with this file.

	Well you can apply the patch to the 8.3.3 source tree using the
	patch program and recompile or you can get the 8.3.4 release
	which has the patch already applied and the version number increased
	to 8.3.4.

	I do recommend getting the 8.3.4 release as it will make your job
	of tracking whether you are running a fixed system or not easier.

	However if you still want to go down the apply the patch path then
	in the src directory run:

		patch -p0 < bind833.diff

	The where you built named run

		make depend   (if make depend is not supported run "make clean")
		make
		make install  (to reinstall)

	Then stop and restart named.

	Mark