syslog.log

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Mon Dec 2 19:18:50 UTC 2002

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 07:58:20PM +0100, magiciq_pop3.concepts.nl wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Do you know when the /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log will be clean up??
> I mean to reset to 0 byte.
> Also how can I resize the volume of the syslog.log?
>
> Regards,
>
> John

This is not part of BIND.  This is part of whichever OS you are
running.  It is done whenever you set it to be done.  Look up 'syslog'
and 'syslogd' [and perhaps 'syslog.conf'] in your manual entries and
your system administrators' guide.

If you care about security, I would suggest at least saving some number
of days' worth of syslog entries before starting fresh with a zero-
length syslog file.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B