correcting an error found with DNSreport

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Thu Dec 5 08:24:52 UTC 2002

Ben Keepper <bkeepper at southlandtechnology.com> wrote:

> Greetings,

> I am trying to correct an error I am getting when I run DNSreport again=
st
> one of our domains.

> the domain is sandicor.com and the error is:

> "WARNING: Your SOA (Start of Authority) record states that your master
> (primary) name server is: dns1.sandicor.. However, that server is not
> listed at the root servers as one of your NS records!=20
> This is probably legal, but you should be sure that you know what you
> are doing."

> We called Verisign, and they said everything looked correct.

Don't ask a mule about more complicated stuff then carrots.=20

-None of the two servers allows 53/TCP=20
-both servers are located at the same singularity
-MNAME for the zone is invalid ( dns1.sandicor. )=20
- in-addr arpa zone for 66.238.66 don't work

> I know the warning says this is legal, but we are having flaky DNS issu=
es
> with some ISP's not able to find hosts within our domain.

> Any thoughts?

Needs some corrections.

> Ben

--=20
Peter H=E5kanson        =20
           Sorry about my e-mail address, but i'm trying to keep spam out=
,