bind8 statistics!

Shanmugam Palaniappan shanmu at comneti.com
Mon Dec 9 20:57:56 UTC 2002

All,
   I am running BIND8.3.4 on solaris 8 if it matters for any reason.
  when we dump the statistics, it generates the statictics dump with the
  count for each query types for example, 2744 A queries.

   o What is the maximum value this count could reach?

   o Will this counter value start from 0 once it reaches the maximum?

   o Is there any simpler way to reset these counters once we dump the
     statistics so that it could start from zero as if named process was
     re-started?

   Appreciate comments from the BIND experts.

Regards,
Shan

-- Problems do not go away.  They must be worked through or else
   they remain, forever a barrier to the growth and development
   of the spirit.