Installation of BIND 9.2.2rc1

Walker Simon-SWALKER1 swalker at metrowerks.com
Tue Dec 10 14:10:41 UTC 2002

Hi Joe, All,

I have just modified the /etc/init.d/inetsvc script to be

/usr/local/sbin/named ...etc

However the named daemon fails to run as it complains about the libcrypto.so 0.9.6:open failed; no such file or directory.

If I run this daemon as root user then it works, because i have the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable set, how can I get this to run from the init.d directory?

My version of named came from sunfreeware.com as a package.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Si.