dns bind 9.2.1 not working on Windows XP ?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Dec 19 22:37:13 UTC 2002

John Oliver wrote:

> On 19 Dec 2002 01:55:15 -0000, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> > I want to use bind to lookup DNS names.
>
> Not to bake cookies?
>
> > So I don't want my web browser to use my ISP's dns servers.
>
> Why not?
>
> > I want my web browser to use my local dns bind server.
>
> Why?
>
> Just use your ISPs name servers.  That's what they're there for.  You
> don't have to run your own just to be l33T.

Having a bad day, John?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to run your own caching nameserver. All
of the Unix boxes around here are configured with local caching
nameservers. They don't consume much in the way of resources and this way,
we don't have to spend a fortune on big honking dedicated nameservers,
because the query loads are reasonable...