Require more than two name servers.

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Dec 26 00:43:15 UTC 2002

At 11:03 AM 12/23/02, Olafur Osvaldsson wrote:
>I beleive <system at eluminoustechnologies.com> wrote:
>
> > Whenever I check DNS report for my server it reports that I have less that
> > two nameserver. I have define more that two name server in resolv.conf. Can
> > anyone please help me resolving the problem.
>
>What "DNS report" are you checking?
>
>My guess is that this has nothing to do with your resolv.conf, I might be
>able to help you if I knew what domain it was and wich servers are supposed
>to be serving it.

There's no guessing involved here. It really has nothing to do with
resolv.conf.
Only the system that it's on cares about the contents of that file and only
when it needs to resolve DNS information. DNS report checks zones and
complains if you have not defined two or more NS records in the zone you
are checking.

Danny