Optimize BindBIND 9.1.0 for greater "throughput"??

Nate Campi nate at wired.com
Wed Feb 6 20:53:05 UTC 2002

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 08:12:53PM +0000, phat_phoque at salmahayeksknockers.edu wrote:
> Nate Campi <nate at wired.com> wrote:
>
> > My bad, I guess I didn't come right out and say it:
>
> > Install BIND 8 or dnscache.
>
> Hmm... I was hoping for some quicker-hit suggestions.  Well, time being at a
> premium as always, I'll be better off grabbing some patience, and waiting
> this one out... I've already processed  600,000 / 1.1 million, so it should
> only be another 20 hours or so...

Installing either one will take less than an hour (even as short as ten
minutes for dnscache or BIND on a fast machine) and you will increase
your resolution rates by double at the least.

Wrong choice to keep at a solution that's not working, but its your
choice to make.
Nate Campi     Job: hostmaster at lycos.com and root at wired.com

An Emacs reference mug is what I want. It would hold ten gallons of
coffee. -- Steve VanDevender
And, no doubt, have a lid that could only be removed with an obscure
finger combination requiring both hands. (Ctrl-Alt-Meta-X
gimme-the-damn-coffee) -- William Beegle