Which DNS Server is Incorrect for sigmaxi.org?

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Feb 11 18:17:02 UTC 2002

In article <a48oc1$fee at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Barry Finkel  <b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov> wrote:
>When I query one of my DNS servers for the address of
>
>     realserver.sigmaxi.org
>
>I get the unauthoritative (and incorrect) answer 192.154.45.128.

It's coming from a glue record on the GTLD servers, due to the following
host registration at Network Solutions.  Update the host registration, or
tell them to delete it (it's not referenced by any domains anymore).

[No name] (REALSERVER2-HST)

   Hostname: REALSERVER.SIGMAXI.ORG
   Address: 192.154.45.128
   System: ? running ?

   Coordinator:
      Hunter, Don  (HD747-ORG)  dhunter at PCNTSERVER10.SIGMAXI.ORG
      Sigma Xi
      99 Alexabder Dr
      RTP, NC 27709
      US