diferent networks in the same zone

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Feb 12 18:35:44 UTC 2002

In article <a4bj3r$2eo at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
TeCh <tech at spelletjesgarnaal.be> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is it possible to have a network called e.g. network.company.com with
>netmask 255.255.0.0. and with a host that has a address e.g.
>172.16.55.55 and another host that has 10.2.55.55 as address in the
>same zone?

Yes.  There's no required correspondence between domains and networks.

Think about all the companies that outsource their web hosting, so
www.company.com is on their hosting provider's network, but
mail.company.com is on their own network.

>If it is possible does anyone has a suggestion

Just do it:

host1 IN A 172.16.55.55
host2 IN A 10.2.55.55

What's the problem?