Problem in trying to update the DNS records

Nitin Khurana NKhurana at novell.com
Wed Feb 13 12:18:22 UTC 2002

Hi All,
        I am trying to update some records in the primary server using
the res_update query on Solaris 8, I just wanted to know that in the
ns_updrec datastructure what should be the r_data field, should that
contain first the header, then the zone section followed by prerequisite
section & finally the update section as specified in the RFC 2136??? Or
can I skip the zone & the prerequisite section & just give an update
section??

All responses shall be appreciated.

Thanks
Regards,