Migrating from 8.2.5 to 9.2.0

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Wed Feb 13 18:36:29 UTC 2002

    Ali> I am planning to migrate to bind 9.2.0 and was wondering if I
    Ali> could use the existing zone files. Are there any changes that
    Ali> need to be done to the zone files?

It depends. If the files comply with RFC1035 and RFC2308, there will
be no problem loading them on a BIND9 server. Many people have been
caught out by zone file errors that BIND8 tolerated. You can check the
zone files for syntax errors with named-checkzone which is shipped
with BIND9.

    Ali> If yes, are there any documentation anywhere which explains
    Ali> the process?

See doc/misc/migration in the BIND9 distribution.