Bind 9.2.0 in windows environment

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Feb 14 03:15:50 UTC 2002

At 11:04 AM 2/13/02, RF wrote:

>I have just installed Bind 9.2.0 on a Windows 2000 server (in a test
>environment).  I'm using the config files that I have in my current
>8.3.1 version.  After a few alterations I am able to resolve anything
>from my local dbs, but when I try to resolve anything external,all I
>get is a list of the root servers.  I there a new version of the root
>list servers that I need to get?  My named.conf file is setup as
>follows:
>
>options
>{
>         directory "c:\winnt\system32\dns\etc";
>         pid-file "named.pid";
>         allow-query {any; };
>         recursion no;
>};

As Kevin Darcy said you need recursion to resolve these.

Also be warned that in an environment with no real activity like a test
environment, you are likely to get 2 second delays due to a select
loop in the socket code.  This delay only happens if it is not responding
to other queries at the same time. The delay has been reduced in 9.2.1
and will be eliminated in a future version where the socket code has been
rewritten.

         Danny

         Danny