rndc and mrtg question

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Fri Feb 15 21:16:27 UTC 2002

Daniel Holden <dholden at idsb.net> wrote:

> Hi
>     I'm using Bind 9.2.0 on Redhat 7.2 and am trying to get stats for DNS so
> MRTG can read them.  The new rndc keeps asking for a key.  How can I
> generate a key to use in my /etc/rndc.conf file?

Have you tried reading the documentation ??

There is a chapter with this , including a snippet about "rndc-confgen"

There exists numerous places that even have brought bind-9's
documentation to webservers, look at :
"http://www.ipsec.nu/dns/bind9/Bv9ARM.ch06.html#controls_statement_definition_and_usage"
for a chapter about this.

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)