Compile errors building 8.3.1 on Tru64

Server Admn ggs101 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 22:37:21 UTC 2002

I'm getting the errors (& 1 warning) below while
doing a 'make all' with the 8.3.1 source kit
on a Tru64 V5.1A box.

I'm using the OS compiler.

I didn't get any errors when building 8.2.2-P5
or 8.2.4.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

TIA.
-------------------------
mkdir threaded 2> /dev/null || test -d threaded -a -w threaded
cc -std -I../../port/decunix/include -I../../include -g2 -O1 -Olimit 2000
-pthread -c herror.c  -o threaded/herror.o
cc: Warning: ../../include/netgroup.h, line 4: In this declaration,
parameter 1 has a different type than specified in an earlier declaration of
this function. (mismatparam)
int getnetgrent(const char **machinep, const char **userp,
----^
cc: Error: ../../include/netgroup.h, line 4: In this declaration, the type
of "getnetgrent" is not compatible with the type of a previous declaration
of "getnetgrent" at line number 703 in file /usr/include/unistd.h.
(notcompat)
int getnetgrent(const char **machinep, const char **userp,
----^
cc: Warning: ../../include/netgroup.h, line 10: In this declaration,
parameter 1 has a different type than specified in an earlier declaration of
this function. (mismatparam)
void setnetgrent(const char *netgroup);
-----^
cc: Error: ../../include/netgroup.h, line 10: In this declaration, the type
of "setnetgrent" is not compatible with the type of a previous declaration
of "setnetgrent" at line number 721 in file /usr/include/unistd.h.
(notcompat)
void setnetgrent(const char *netgroup);
-----^
cc: Warning: ../../include/netgroup.h, line 14: In this declaration,
parameter 1 has a different type than specified in an earlier declaration of
this function. (mismatparam)
int innetgr(const char *netgroup, const char *machine,
----^
cc: Error: ../../include/netgroup.h, line 14: In this declaration, the type
of "innetgr" is not compatible with the type of a previous declaration of
"innetgr" at line number 704 in file /usr/include/unistd.h. (notcompat)
int innetgr(const char *netgroup, const char *machine,
----^
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1