Problem with secondary DNS from primary DNS (WIN2K)

Nate Campi nate at wired.com
Sat Feb 16 09:13:20 UTC 2002

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 10:05:33PM -0800, Gary Smith wrote:

> When I take the server ns3 and remap the external IP address
> 66.47.240.62 (ns1 IP) then all lookups for absoluteanime.com fail.  It
> also fails for another site (futureaccess.com) though
> www.futureaccess.com continues to work.

The only thing that has changed is the IP of the host? Rather than
hazard a bunch of wild guesses (which is about all anyone can do from
what you've told us), I'd say you need to put this misbehaving
nameserver on the internet where we can query it. Once we can look at
it, we should be able to get an idea of where the errors are.

I suspect that this IP change is actually messing up the webserver on
the host, and that your virtual hosts aren't set up right. Oops, there I
go with the wild guesses ;)
Nate Campi     Job: hostmaster at lycos.com and root at wired.com

You can lead an idiot to knowledge but you cannot make him think.
You can, however, rectally insert the information, printed on stone
tablets, using a sharpened poker.