cox.net DNS

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 18:49:10 UTC 2002

Jim Greene wrote:

> Hi All,
>     Something kinda strange.  I can't seem to get any information on cox.net
> from a DNS server running Bind 9.2 (2 of them actually), yet I can with a
> 8.x server.  Anyone else seen anything like this ?
> JG

Seems to work fine here on 9.2.

18:45:55 srw doc-2.2.3 $ ./doc cox.net
Doc-2.2.3: doc cox.net
Doc-2.2.3: Starting test of cox.net.   parent is net.
Doc-2.2.3: Test date - Tue Feb 19 18:45:59 GMT 2002
Done testing cox.net.  Tue Feb 19 18:46:35 GMT 2002

That must be a first for a domain mentioned here ;)

Maybe it is a routing issue? Try "dig @IP cox.net ns" for each
nameserver IP, see if you have a connectivity issue, although
they have diverse networks.