Pictureamerica.net

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Feb 25 20:07:35 UTC 2002

In article <a5dg30$kec at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Drew Weaver  <drew.weaver at thenap.com> wrote:
>	Is there anyway to find out why/when the NS records on a domain were
>modified, and is there anyway to find out what it was set to before, a
>customer is accusing us of going into netsol.com and moving their domain
>away from their other provider, (which I know we never submitted a request
>to do this) and it is making me unhappy, and I need to know why/IF it ever
>was moved to the new NS why it was switched back to our NSs. The Domain is
>pictureamerica.net

Verisign is not supposed to allow modifications unless they're authorized
by either the Admin Contact or Tech Contact.  So even if you *did* submit
such a request, it shouldn't have been honored unless they OK'ed it.

>I have emailed Netsol, but when they reply it is usually to the tune of "Uh,
>we cant give you this information for X reason, thanks".

Unless you can crack into the registrar's computers and find their records,
I don't think there's any way to pry this information out of them.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA