Help! So many named daemons

lost at l-w.net lost at l-w.net
Fri Jan 4 04:20:46 UTC 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Nate Campi wrote:

> Are we sure it's not named-xfer procs? If not, please share how you
> started bind - don't send the full script sent to the list, unless its
> very short.
>
> We need to know if you use an init script, maybe it's supervised (not
> likely a daemontools user would use BIND, but you never know ;), or a
> cron job. Sometimes people use scripts fired from cron to monitor
> processes, and the monitoring processes freak out and start daemons
> unnecessarily.

It could also be that it is running a threaded daemon under linux. In that
case, every thread will show up in the process table as a separate entry.

William Astle
finger lost at l-w.net for further information

Geek Code V3.12: GCS/M/S d- s+:+ !a C++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ !E W++ !N w--- !O
!M PS PE V-- Y+ PGP t+@ 5++ X !R tv+@ b+++@ !DI D? G e++ h+ y?