syntax and reasons of generation of DNS query ??

ComCity mikeb at comcity.com
Sat Jan 5 19:46:42 UTC 2002

Assuming NSLookup is installed on your machine...type
>NSLOOKUP
 then
>HELP

for DIG...type
>DIG HELP

The purpose of DNS is to handle the translations of  Domain names to IP
addresses and visa versa and I'm not sure what you asking in reference to
"generating other querys" or  "other reasons".  Maybe you are referring to
different types of DNS Queries  (A,SOA,MX).  Without reading a  book on DNS
or BIND, you will have difficulty getting started....